Re: Runtime input to ncl script

From: gibies george <gibiesgeorge_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jun 22 2010 - 23:54:35 MDT

Thank you Dave, for your suggestions.

This is helpful and new information for me. But I prefer if there is a way
for live interaction between the script and user (like prompt - pull
combination does in GrADS). If anybody tried such a way, please let me know.

Thanking you in advance.

On 22 June 2010 03:55, Dave Allured <dave.allured@noaa.gov> wrote:

> Gibies George,
>
> Can you use command line parameters? If so, I like NCL command line
> arguments for this purpose, e.g.
>
> ncl program.ncl varname=\"precip\" year1=1980 year2=1999 pdf=1
>
> See the examples on this page:
>
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/Ref_Manual/NclCLO.shtml
>
> Other methods that you can use are environment variables, and short
> text configuration files. I think there is a way to use an external
> subroutine to read the keyboard, but I do not know how to do that.
> Perhaps someone else can tell.
>
> --Dave
> NOAA/PSD/CIRES
>
> On 6/21/2010 6:23 AM, gibies george wrote:
> > Hello friends,
> >
> > While writing an ncl script I came through a requirement to read some
> values
> > to the script at run time. Is there a way to do it in ncl script ?
> > In grads I used *promt* and *pull* for this purpose. Is there any thing
> > similer to that available in NCL script language ?
> >

> > Gibies George,CSIR-RF,
> > Climate and Global Modelling Division,
> > Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology,
> > Dr. Homi Bhabha Road,
> > NCL (P. O.), Pashan,
> > Pune 411008, India.
> >
> > http://sites.google.com/site/gibiesge/

Gibies George,CSIR-RF,
Climate and Global Modelling Division,
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology,
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road,
NCL (P. O.), Pashan,
Pune 411008, India.
http://sites.google.com/site/gibiesge/
Think about the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless it is
necessary.