Re: Runtime input to ncl script

From: Dave Allured <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jun 21 2010 - 16:25:07 MDT

Gibies George,

Can you use command line parameters? If so, I like NCL command line
arguments for this purpose, e.g.

   ncl program.ncl varname=\"precip\" year1=1980 year2=1999 pdf=1

See the examples on this page:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/Ref_Manual/NclCLO.shtml

Other methods that you can use are environment variables, and short
text configuration files. I think there is a way to use an external
subroutine to read the keyboard, but I do not know how to do that.
Perhaps someone else can tell.

--Dave
NOAA/PSD/CIRES