Re: Averaging over a radius

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jun 18 2010 - 13:25:55 MDT

Certainly, there are no NCL functions for this specialized task.

Probably the best would be to interpolate the T85
to a very hires grid (say) 0.6 deg

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/area_hi2lores.shtml
or
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/area_hi2lores_Wrap.shtml

The above are areal averages. Then take the nearest grid point

Good luck