Averaging over a radius

From: JEFFREY JOSEPH WATERS <jjw348_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jun 18 2010 - 12:17:37 MDT

To Whom it May Concern,
Is there a way to average values over a specified latitude radius? For
instance, I am working with the CAM3.1 T85 model, which is (1.4 x 1.4 degrees)
and I would like to obtain the relative vorticity difference from 900mb-200mb
for a few desired lat/lon locations averaged over a 0-6 degree radius area
centered on each of these desired lat/lon locations. Is there a way to do that
with NCL version 5.1.1?

Jeff Waters
Graduate Student
Department of Meteorology