Re: mapping for selected area

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jun 28 2010 - 07:52:45 MDT

Hi Jagan,

In order to tell NCL what areas to fill in a color, and which areas to leave transparent (so it can be filled with contours), you can use mpFillAreaSpecifiers and mpSpecifiedFillColors.

Replacde this code:

  res@mpLandFillColor = "transparent"
  res@mpOceanFillColor = "cyan"

with this code:

  res@mpFillAreaSpecifiers = (/"Land", "Bangladesh","Water"/)
  res@mpSpecifiedFillColors = (/"white","transparent","white"/)

Also, I noticed that your font is times-roman. It is better to use a helvetica font for print. You can customize your NCL graphical environment so that your font is always helvetica by default, by putting a ".hluresfile" in your home directory.

See:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/hlures.shtml

--Mary