ncl month function

From: Ioana Colfescu <colfescu_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jul 14 2010 - 10:11:37 MDT

Hi,

I have a question which I think is rather a programming one : I have
one year of monthly data and one year of daily data. From the day of
each month I have to substract the corresponding montly average like
from each jan day I have to substract jan monthly value from each
march day I need to substract the month for march and so on.
I want to write a program in NCL do do this and I wonder is there any
way that ncl can recognize months and know the nr of days for that
month ? Like for ex I type time=jan and it knows there are 31 days
etc.I know some software that were doing this and I wonder if NCL has
the same or I should use instead some if loops and different contors
for 30,31 and 29 days for a month.
Thanks,

Ioana