Re: ncl month function

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jul 14 2010 - 17:12:40 MDT

There are many "date" related functions at:
    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/date.shtml

These include
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/days_in_month.shtml

On 07/14/2010 10:11 AM, Ioana Colfescu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question which I think is rather a programming one : I have
> one year of monthly data and one year of daily data. From the day of
> each month I have to substract the corresponding montly average like
> from each jan day I have to substract jan monthly value from each
> march day I need to substract the month for march and so on.
> I want to write a program in NCL do do this and I wonder is there any
> way that ncl can recognize months and know the nr of days for that
> month ? Like for ex I type time=jan and it knows there are 31 days
> etc.I know some software that were doing this and I wonder if NCL has
> the same or I should use instead some if loops and different contors
> for 30,31 and 29 days for a month.
> Thanks,
>
> Ioana

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |