Re: problem using polymarkers

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jul 20 2010 - 13:43:31 MDT

Hi Juliane,
Looking again at your query, I think my post from earlier will not help
you. The correct procedure for creating your own marker index and using
that new marker can be seen in the following example that was forwarded
to me:

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"

begin
   wks = gsn_open_wks("x11","polyg") ; Open a workstation and

   mpres = True
   mpres@gsnMaximize = True ; Maximize plot in frame.
   mpres@gsnFrame = False ; Don't advance the frame
   mpres@gsnDraw = False ; Don't advance the frame

   map = gsn_csm_map(wks,mpres)

   mstrings = (/"Z","x"/)
   fontnums = (/37,1/)
   xoffset = 0.0
   yoffset = (/0.075,0.0/)
   ratio = (/1.3125,1.0/)
   sizes = (/1.5,1.4/)
   angle = 0.0
   new_indexes = NhlNewMarker(wks, mstrings, fontnums, xoffset, yoffset, \
                 ratio, sizes, angle)

   gsres = True
   gsres@gsMarkerIndex = new_indexes(0)

   gsres@gsMarkerColor = "red"
   gsres@gsMarkerThicknessF = 10.
   dum1 = gsn_add_polymarker(wks,map,0.,0.,gsres)

   gsres@gsMarkerIndex = new_indexes(1)
   gsres@gsMarkerColor = "blue"

   dum2 = gsn_add_polymarker(wks,map,0.,20.,gsres)
   draw(map)
   frame(wks)
end

note specifically that gsMarkerIndex needs to be set to new_indexes(0)
or new_indexes(1). If you are following this procedure correctly, are
you receiving any error messages?
Adam