Re: problem using polymarkers

From: Juliane Otto <juliane.otto_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jul 21 2010 - 07:43:33 MDT

Hey again,

thanks for your help. With the dummy example, I found out that the fonts
are at least being recognized. In fact it turns out that it had to do
with the resources used for the underlying map - here a bit of code,
containing just the resources used

resA = True
  resA@gsnDraw = False ; don't draw
  resA@gsnFrame = False ; don't advance frame
  resA@cnFillOn = True ; turn on color fill
  resA@gsnSpreadColors = True ; use full range of colors

  resA@cnLinesOn = False ; turn of contour lines
  resA@cnFillMode = "RasterFill" ; Raster Mode
  resA@cnLinesOn = False ; Turn off contour lines
  resA@lbLabelBarOn = False ; we will draw a common label
bar for all experiments
  resA@cnLineLabelsOn = False ; Turn off contour lines
  resA@mpMinLatF = lat_min ; range to zoom in on
  resA@mpMaxLatF = lat_max
  resA@mpMinLonF = lon_min
  resA@mpMaxLonF = lon_max

exp_plot = gsn_csm_contour_map_ce(wks, data , resA)

  gsres = True
  gsres@gsMarkerIndex = 1 ; new_indexes(0)
  gsres@gsMarkerColor = "black"

dum_low(exp_loop) = gsn_add_polymarker(wks,exp_plot,lonpol,latpol,gsres)

In fact resA@lbLabelBarOn = False ; we will draw a common
label bar for all experiments
is the culprit, in my case. All other resources are fine, but if you
want to take away the colour-bar (to later panel the plots)
the polymarker symbols suddenly change and the font-tables no longer work.

So now I don't know how to simultaneously have the correct marker AND a
panel of my plots without extra colourbars.

But still I am closer to my goal than before!