Re: HDF Data reading and plotting using NCL....

From: jayakrishnan pr <jkprdas_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jul 20 2010 - 05:51:49 MDT

Dear Sir,
               Thank you very much for your reply. I am pretty new to NCL.
Just understanding the basics. I want to plot all the details of HDF datas
which are MODIS, TRMM etc. I plotted using the ncl example given by you. But
I am not able to change the program as it creates errors as I am very new to
ncl. I am quite familiar with Grads. But grads cannot read the HDF files
which NCL can read. Also grads can read only those HDF files which agrees
COARDS convention. If I change HDF into nc file then also I cannot open
using Grads as it is not agreeing COARDS convention. So my question is that
can I convert the HDF file which is not agreeing COARDS convention into nc
file or HDF file which follows COARDS convention so that I can plot directly
it in GRADS. Looking foreward........

--
Jayakrishnan.P.R.
CSIR-Research Fellow