NCL API

From: <Oliver.Fuhrer_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Aug 23 2010 - 02:08:53 MDT

Hi NCL Team,

I was just looking over the NCL API documentation and have a question.
Say I have a C program that generates a 2d field that I would like to
plot. Is it possible to plot this field _directly_ using the NCL API
from my C program or do I have to write a NetCDF (or any other) file and
send a NCL script which opens the file, reads the data and plots the
field over the NCL API (as in the example provided on the NCL API
documentation)?

Kind regards,
Oli

Oliver Fuhrer
Numerical Models

Federal Departement of Home Affairs FDHA
Federal Office of Meteorology and Climatology MeteoSwiss

Kraehbuehlstrasse 58, P.O. Box 514, CH-8044 Zurich, Switzerland

Tel. +41 44 256 93 59
Fax +41 44 256 92 78
oliver.fuhrer@meteoswiss.ch
www.meteoswiss.ch - First-hand information