Re: vibeta error code

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Aug 23 2010 - 10:42:16 MDT

Hi Will,
Last March a question was asked about whether a NCL function exists for
vertical integration, and vibeta was suggested. After the suggestion was
made Dennis responded with the following:
From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Mar 31 2010 - 07:55:35 MDT

"vibeta" was one of NCL's original functions. I would like
to see its use discontinued.

See Example 3 at
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/dpres_plevel_Wrap.shtml

Use the function to get the layer thickness [ 'dp' ]
and then use (say) dim_sum_n (x*dp) to get the vertical integral.

I would strongly suggest you use dpres_plevel_Wrap, and follow Dennis'
suggestion on how to calculate the vertical integral...
Adam