time_axis_labels for wrf data

From: Christopher Steele <christopher.steele_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Sep 02 2010 - 02:08:15 MDT

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to produce a time series plot using a day's worth of data from
the WRF model. The data to be shown begins six hours after the beginning of
the model run to account for model spin up time, and so if I were to set a
minimum value it would begin on hour 6 instead of hour "0 after
yyyy-mm-dd_hh:mm:ss", ie the day that I'm interested in without the spin up
time.

So far, I've tried to use the function time_axis_labels to produce a string
of times on the x-axis but keep on getting the error message:

fatal:Argument type mismatch on argument (0) of (time_axis_labels) can not
coerce

I've attempted to add the unit attribute to the list of times but I'm not
sure on the correct format for WRF times data. Has anyone used this, or an
equivalent function for WRF times, before?

Any help offered would be very much appreciated

cheers

Chris