Re: Bilinear Interpolation

From: Saji Hameed <saji.nh_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Oct 06 2010 - 01:57:50 MDT

Hi Chris,

WRF output is usually *NOT* on a regular lat-lon grid.

You have to convert both higher and lower resolution grids to a regular
lat-lon grid using rcm2rgrid before the comparison

The function is documented at
http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/rcm2rgrid.shtml

; An example, assuming your file pointer is called "f"

    times = wrf_user_list_times(f) ; get times in the file
    ntimes = dimsizes(times) ; number of times in the file
    var = wrf_user_getvar(f,vname,ntimes-1)
    lat2d = f->XLAT(0,:,:) ; this depends on the kind of variable
    lon2d = f->XLONG(0,:,:) ; this depends on the kind of variable
    dimll = dimsizes(lat2d) ; get size of dimensions
    nlat = dimll(0)
    mlon = dimll(1)
    lat1=(lat2d(0,0))
    lon1=(lon2d(0,0))
    lat2=(lat2d(nlat-1,mlon-1))
    lon2=(lon2d(nlat-1,mlon-1))
    lat = fspan(lat1,lat2,nlat)
    lon = fspan(lon1,lon2,mlon)
    var_r = rcm2rgrid(lat2d,lon2d,var,lat,lon,0)

--
saji