Re: which plot type I could use?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Oct 07 2010 - 14:23:34 MDT

Ziying,

You can't mix and match 2D coordinate values with 1D coordinate arrays, so what I recommend is to "conform" your 1D time array to be a 2D time array.

For example, if the 2D pressure array is dimensioned nlev x ntime, and the 1D time array is ntime, then do something like this:

   time2d = conform_dims((/nlev,ntime/),time,1)

where "time" is the original 1D time array.

Now that you have a 2D time array ("time2d"), and let's say your pressure array is called "level2d", then you can call gsn_csm_contour as Yongzuo suggested, but make sure you set the sfXArray and sfYArray resources to these 2D arrays:

  res = True
  ... Set some other res resources...
  res@sfXArray = time2d
  res@sfYArray = level2d