Re: which plot type I could use from Ziying Li

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Oct 07 2010 - 14:07:33 MDT

The description of the problem is not clear. Just stating "It
is not that simple" is not very helpful. Further, there are
different "flavors" of TES L2 files.

[1]
Look at the file via 'ncl_filedump'
It might be best to pipe the output to 'less'

[2]
Extract the description associated with the 2 variable you described
in your initial email (Pressure, Temperature)

[3]
Paste the extracted text into an email

[4]
Include information on how to obtain a sample data file.

On 10/7/10 1:41 PM, ziying li wrote:
> It seems not that simple. That is the one I tried at the beginning. Do
> any people have experience for HDF-EOS5 file TES L2 product? This
> problem is initial from this product.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ziying
>
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Li, Yongzuo <yongzuo.li
> <http://yongzuo.li>@ou.edu <http://ou.edu>> wrote:
>
> Ziying,
>
> You just use gsn_csm_contour.
>
> Yongzuo

Hi all,

I currently meet a new case when I want to plot a two-dimensional
cross-section (pressure/time) of dataset (which is 2D dataset). In
normal case, both dimension (pressure&time) are 1D data. But in my case,
Pressure is 2D dataset and second dimension of Time is 1D.

Specifically, First dimension of Pressure field is the number of
observations in one run and second dimension is pressure level actually
observed during that specific observation.

Would you please suggest me which plot type I should choose if I'd like
to generate a plot like the one showed in the top of this page:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/height_time.shtml ? I may want to
represent all pressure info in one graphic.

Thanks

Ziying