Re: fatal:syntax error: line -1 before or near .

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Oct 18 2010 - 09:39:29 MDT

Justin,

I don't see any problems with your NCL script, but I don't understand this command in your shell script:

   setenv ncl

I don't think this will hurt anything, but it shouldn't be needed.

The error message says:

  fatal:syntax error: line -1 before or near .
  Sounding_200806011400_NN.

but I don't see any reference to this name in your NCL script.

Try removing the "setenv ncl" line, and running your shell script up to the point where it's about to call "ncl Bayesian.ncl". Then cd to where "Bayesian.ncl" is and type

        ncl Bayesian.ncl

on the UNIX command line. It want to rule out that something is going on with your shell script.

--Mary