Re: Problem with shea_util.ncl and WRAPIT

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Oct 13 2010 - 13:59:27 MDT

It looks to me like you need to load contributed.ncl prior to shea_util.f

$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl

On 10/13/2010 01:56 PM, Barry Baker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running NCL 5.2.1 on a Macbook Pro with 0SX 10.6.4. My bashrc
> contains the export NCARG_ROOT=/usr/local and export
> PATH=$NCARG_ROOT/bin:$PATH environmental variables. I am trying to use
> the WRAPIT command with gcc4.4 gfortran and the example programs ex01.f
> ex01.ncl The FORTRAN program compiles well with the following command
> WRAPIT -L /opt/local/lib/gcc44/ ex01.f However, when I try running the
> ncl file I get the error listed below. Any insight into why I may be
> receiving this error would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I have used WRAPIT successfully on previous versions of NCL. Thanks in
> advance, Barry
>
> fatal:syntax error: line 3202 in file
> $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
> copy_VarCoords(x, advect)
> ---------------------------^
> fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
> fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
> fatal:error at line 3225 in file
> $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl
> fatal:syntax error: line 3334 in file
> $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
> copy_VarCoords(X, Xdp)
> ------------------------^
> fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
> fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
> fatal:error at line 3370 in file
> $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl
> fatal:syntax error: line 3448 in file
> $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
> copy_VarCoords(t, theta)
> --------------------------^
> fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
> fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
> fatal:error at line 3452 in file
> $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl
> fatal:syntax error: line 3543 in file
> $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
> copy_VarCoords(t,s)
> ---------------------^
> fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
> fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
> fatal:error at line 3546 in file
> $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl
> fatal:syntax error: line 3636 in file
> $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
> copy_VarCoords(t, theta)
> --------------------------^
> fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
> fatal:syntax error: line 3672 in file
> $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
> copy_VarCoords(t,pv)
> ----------------------^
> fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
> fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
> fatal:error at line 3675 in file
> $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl
> fatal:syntax error: line 3768 in file
> $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
> copy_VarCoords(t, theta)
> [...]

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |