Problem with shea_util.ncl and WRAPIT

From: Barry Baker <bbaker_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Oct 13 2010 - 13:56:54 MDT

Hello,

I am running NCL 5.2.1 on a Macbook Pro with 0SX 10.6.4. My bashrc contains the export NCARG_ROOT=/usr/local and export PATH=$NCARG_ROOT/bin:$PATH environmental variables. I am trying to use the WRAPIT command with gcc4.4 gfortran and the example programs ex01.f ex01.ncl The FORTRAN program compiles well with the following command WRAPIT -L /opt/local/lib/gcc44/ ex01.f However, when I try running the ncl file I get the error listed below. Any insight into why I may be receiving this error would be greatly appreciated.

I have used WRAPIT successfully on previous versions of NCL. Thanks in advance, Barry

fatal:syntax error: line 3202 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
  copy_VarCoords(x, advect)
---------------------------^
fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
fatal:error at line 3225 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl
fatal:syntax error: line 3334 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
  copy_VarCoords(X, Xdp)
------------------------^
fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
fatal:error at line 3370 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl
fatal:syntax error: line 3448 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
  copy_VarCoords(t, theta)
--------------------------^
fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
fatal:error at line 3452 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl
fatal:syntax error: line 3543 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
  copy_VarCoords(t,s)
---------------------^
fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
fatal:error at line 3546 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl
fatal:syntax error: line 3636 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
  copy_VarCoords(t, theta)
--------------------------^
fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:syntax error: line 3672 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
  copy_VarCoords(t,pv)
----------------------^
fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
fatal:error at line 3675 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl
fatal:syntax error: line 3768 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
  copy_VarCoords(t, theta)
--------------------------^
fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:syntax error: line 3779 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
  copy_VarCoords(t,s)
---------------------^
fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:syntax error: line 3811 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
  copy_VarCoords(t,pv)
----------------------^
fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure

fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed

fatal:error at line 3814 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl

___________________________________
Barry Baker, PhD
Director, Canyonlands Research Center
The Nature Conservancy
820 Kane Creek Blvd.
P.O. Box 1329
Moab, UT 84532
Tel: 435-259-4183
Cell: 970-217-3068
http://canyonlandsresearchcenter.org

“All is flux, nothing is stationary; Nothing endures but change” ....Heraclitus (540 – 475 BC)