closest local minimum

From: JEFFREY JOSEPH WATERS <jjw348_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jun 22 2010 - 08:26:30 MDT

NCL Talk,
I am currently working with the local_max and local_min routines in NCL and
have a question. Is there any way to locate the closest local min or max to a
given lat/lon location? For instance, I have found all the lat/lon locations
that have 850mb relative vorticity greater than 3.5*10^-5 s^-1 and now would
like to find the closest local minimum sea level pressure associated with this
vorticity maximum. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Jeff Waters
Graduate Student
Department of Meteorology
Penn State University '11