find location of max along a center line

From: Kara Yedinak <kyedinak_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Nov 10 2010 - 12:07:11 MST

Hello all,

  I would like to read in a 3D variable GRNHX(t,y,x) and find the maximum
value location (x) along y=420 for each time step. dim_max_n returns the
maximum value of GRNHX as a fxn of x and t, but over ALL values of y.
Likewise performing dim_max_n on GRNHX(t,420,x) returns the maximum value of
GRNHX as a fxn of t only. Anyone have an idea how I can get out
maxGRNHX(t,x) along y=420?

Thanks,
Kara

--
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.         Carl Sagan