Re: uv2dvF and uv2dv_cfd

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Nov 15 2010 - 20:30:35 MST

Both functions *require* that the data be ordered South-to-North.
If they are N->S then the signs will be opposite of what you expect.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/uv2dv_cfd.shtml
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/uv2dvF.shtml

If the data are ordered North->South

    u = f->U ; (time,lev,lat,lon)
    printVarSummary(u) ; look at the coordinates

The spherepack software is available at:
     http://www.cisl.ucar.edu/softlib/SPHERE.html

Good luck