Re: NCL GRIB WRITE

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Nov 19 2010 - 06:05:03 MST

I have never written a GRIB file.

I know that a properly constructed netCDF file
can be converted to GRIB via the Climate Data Operators (CDO).
The CDO can be downloaded from:
    https://code.zmaw.de/projects/cdo

Note: the NCL developers do not support the CDO.
The CDO URL to which questions can be asked is:

    http://code.zmaw.de/projects/cdo/boards

----
Use NCL to create the netCDF [CF conforming] and use
CDO to convert.
cdo -f grb copy infile.nc outfile.grb
Good luck