Re: array interpolation

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Nov 29 2010 - 19:54:31 MST

linint2 [linint2_Wrap] does recognize _FillValue.
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/linint2.shtml
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/linint2_Wrap.shtml

===
When you go from a lower resolution grid to a higher resolution
grid, the should 'look' the same. There is no no additional
information.

===

If you have (say, 2x2) SST(time,lat,lon) and you
want to go to (say) 1x1

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"

   newlat = fspan(...)
   newlon = fspan(...)
   newlat@units = "degrees_north"
   newlon@units = "degrees_east"

   newsst = linint2(lon,sst&latT,sst,True,newlon,newlat,0)

If you started out with land points set to _FillValue

you can use "poisson_grid_fill"

===
Please familiarize yourself with the Applications Example URL
     http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/

Under "Data Analysis" click on "Regridding" and "Grid Filling"