How to contour on contour on a polar projection map

From: Wei Liu <wliu5ster_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Nov 29 2010 - 11:10:28 MST

Hi, there

   Is there some way to overlay contour on contour in the map of polar
projection.
I am using ccsm3 ocean/ice data in the pop grid.

Two ways I have tried:

1) I use pop data that has 2D lat/lon coordinates can be plotted directly
in physical space.
t@lon2d = f->TLONG

   t@lat2d = f->TLAT

Then I choose

res_cn@mpProjection = "Orthographic"

and then use *gsn_csm_contour_map_overlay
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Interfaces/gsn_csm_contour_map_overlay.shtml>*

I can do this. But the figure has no tick for the lon/lat, grid ...

2) I use *PopLatLon*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Pop_remap/PopLatLon.shtml>
to convert the pop grid to a lat/lon grid.

Then use gsn_csm_contour_map_polar

But I can do only one vaiable.

I cannot use overlay the get the contour on contour overlay figure.

Thanks for your help~