Re: appending ascii output to existing file

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Dec 06 2010 - 07:55:28 MST

Hi Prabhakar,

There's no way to use asciiwrite or write_matrix and have it append to a file. We have this on our "enhancement" list of things we hope to improve in the future.

The way I do it now is to read in the current file with asciiread, create a new array that contains both the original data and the new data, and then write the new array back out to the file.

Another way to do this is to write a Fortran subroutine that does what you want, and then use WRAPIT to call this subroutine from NCL.

See:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Tools/WRAPIT.shtml

--Mary