Re: cssgrid

From: Carl Schreck <Carl.Schreck_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Dec 02 2010 - 10:50:07 MST

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Dennis Shea <shea@ucar.edu> wrote:

> IMHO, a major benefit of binning is that you have a count
> of the number of values used to derive the average. If there
> are gaps after binning , you could use poisson_grid_fill
> to 'complete' the grid.

That's part of the problem. I really only want to interpolate the swaths to
the grid, not fill in the gaps between swaths. I'd rather fill those in
with other passes or other satellites.

 From what I understand, the Delaunay method is more true to the original
data, but I'm beginning to think it's not worth the added complexity and the
added processing time.

Thanks for the tips!

    Carl

--