Re: cssgrid

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Dec 02 2010 - 07:41:25 MST

I have had some experience with cssgrid.
It 'works' but can be slow for large sets of
lat[*], lon[*], z[*] triplets. You may also
find it a bit sensitive to outliers. Perhaps,
some pre-filtering of the triplets would be appropriate.

IMHO, a major benefit of binning is that you have a count
of the number of values used to derive the average. If there
are gaps after binning , you could use poisson_grid_fill
to 'complete' the grid.

---
FYI: I do have a request for a direct interpolation
via Delaunay triangulation.
Good Luck