Re: (no subject)

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Dec 01 2010 - 12:00:07 MST

Hi Mads,
Not that simple a problem.
2 possibilities:
1) Assuming you just want to see the differences, and if your two
landmask datasets are on the same grid, I'd subtract one from the other
(dataset A - dataset B). That would create an array that spans from -1
to 1, with -1 signifying that B has a 1 and A = 0, 0 = they match, and 1
signifying B has a 0 and A - 1 for that gridpoint. Then plot..

2) If they are not on the same grid, and you don't want to contour one
of them (I don't blame you), then the only other thing I can suggest is
to do a panel plot that shows both maps. I'm not sure what overlaying
both fields on one plot will get you, even if you try to make use of
transparency for land or ocean on the underlying plot.

For both options you're going to want to set cnFillMode = "RasterFill"
so you can see the individual grid cells values.

Hope that helps..
Adam