Re: Gedit Highlighting Scheme

From: Dave Allured <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jan 06 2011 - 14:43:30 MST

Rick,

I think Walter wants syntax highlighting for invocations as well as
declarations. For example, y = x(5,3). Is x a function or a
variable? How can you differentiate this with a regular expression,
without knowing the full context of the name space? This quirk is
common to many procedural languages that have the same syntax for
functions and subscripting. Please enlighten me if I'm missing
something.

Walter,

A quick way to get the current function and procedure names is to
extract column one from this HTML table. This changes between
versions! HTH:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/list_alpha.shtml

--Dave