wrf_user_intrp3d interpolation scheme

From: Song Guiting (Dr) <guitingsong_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jan 27 2011 - 20:03:52 MST

Dear NCL users,

When I use "wrf_user_intrp3d" to vertically interpolate my wrfoutXXX.ncl from eta level data to pressure level data, I am curious that how NCL make this interpolation. Is it linearly interpolation or other kinds of interpolation? I looked through the function script in WRFUserARW.ncl about wrf_user_intrp3d, however, in the interpolation part, it use another two functions to make this interpolation: wrf_interp_2d_xy or wrf_interp_3d_z.

Is there anybody familiar with this interpolation? Please explain for me a little so that I can better understand how NCL works.

Thanks!
With Best regards,
Song Guiting
School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences
Nanyang Technological University
SPMS-04-19, 21 Nanyang Link
Singapore 637371
Tel.: (+65) 6513 7413
Email: guitingsong@ntu.edu.sg

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose its content. Thank you.

Towards A Sustainable Earth: Print Only When Necessary