Re: fields in legend

From: Fang, Fan (GSFC-610.2)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] <fan.fang-1_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Feb 01 2011 - 04:49:54 MST

Thanks Mary - that works for me.

-Fan
From: Mary Haley [haley@ucar.edu]
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2011 11:36 AM
To: Fang, Fan (GSFC-610.2)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC]
Cc: ncl-talk@ucar.edu
Subject: Re: fields in legend

Hi Fan,

Please see the new example 12 at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/legend.shtml#ex12

I think you should be able to use the legend that is generated automatically with your XY plot, and then set lgBoxMinorExtentF<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/lg.shtml#lgBoxMinorExtentF> to a small number, like 0.1 or 0.2.

If you need to create your own legend, then you can still try setting this resource to decrease the legend line widths.

--Mary