how to calculate ekman pumping from curl wind stress

From: Alaa Shaham <alaashaham_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Dec 21 2010 - 03:00:03 MST

Hi. can anyone advise me how to calculate ekman pumping (m/day) from curl wind
stress data (pa/me6). i found that Ekman Pumping= curl(T/pf) , is that mean just
to divide curl data over pf? if that is right what is the appropriate values of
p and f to get pumpimg data in m/day?
if anyone can explain to me i will be so grateful.

Alaa A. Abbas

PhD- student of GIS & Geomatic Engineering
    University Putra Malaysia