Re: trying to install ncl and nco on ubuntu or centos

From: Saji Hameed <saji.nh_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Dec 09 2010 - 23:42:44 MST

Hi Dave,

Aloha.. By your name, I guess you are from IPRC, Hawaii.

1. Since all these are linux machines, there may still be a way to easily
install the binaries (compiling from source would be not very easy).
2. Register in www.earthsystemgrid.org.
3. Chose one of the binaries from ESG, based on your gcc version
4. First try using non-open DAP enabled versions (many people may not need
it; also it introduces some dependency headaches)

In summary, it should be fairly easy to install NCL on CentOS. Also I think
NCO and NCVIEW have binary packages for RedHat/Fedora/CentOS (all the same
beasts).
NCL comes with udunits. It also is farily easy to compile.

Let me know, if I can help in any way..

Mahalo,

saji

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 3:52 AM, David Burns
<tdbtdb+ncl@gmail.com<tdbtdb%2Bncl@gmail.com>