Re: vector eof/pca (e.g. u- and v-component of current data)

From: Malte Stuecker <malte.stuecker_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Mar 15 2011 - 00:04:23 MDT

Hi,

Thank you very much for the quick reply and the help so far!
I will try to get a hold on the Wilks reference, it seems our library
doesn't stock it.
I assume the resulting EOF and also the interpretation will be quite
different between the two mentioned methods:

1) eofunc of data(time,lat,lon,component)
2) eofunc of data(time,2xlat,lon)
    with 2xlat meaning using merged u- and v- field along the meridional axis
!?