Re: divergence lat2d x lon2d

From: James Correia <jimmyc42_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Mar 17 2011 - 17:19:18 MDT

Hi Michael-
The WRF functions for computing derivatives may be used if you have the map
scale factors from the rcm. Otherwise you can use the centered finite
difference functions. I recall checking the difference between these two
approaches and they are not very large.
jimmyc

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Michael Notaro <MNOTARO@wisc.edu> wrote:

> What's the recommended method for computing horizontal divergence
> on a lat2d x lon2d regional model grid? Should I first use rcm2rgrid
> to interpolate to a rectilinear grid and then use uv2dv_cfd?
>
> Thanks, Michael

The views expressed in this email do not necessarily reflect those of NOAA,
the National Weather Service, or the University of Oklahoma.