Re: use of shapefile in panel plot

From: jagan TNAU <jagan_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed May 18 2011 - 07:41:13 MDT

Hello Mary,

Thanks for the coast_panel.ncl.

I was able to duplicate using our own shape files and please see the
attachment tndist.png. My requirement is to draw a contour map of
temperature or other variable from ascii file and overlay on the shapefile
using gsn_panel.

I have developed a small script provided by you to panel plots as per my
requirements (Please see attachments for tmax.ncl and relevant shapefiles).
As "Earth..4" has no district divisions I want to use shapefiles. I failed
in my attempts to combine both contour map and shapefile for panel plotting.

Is it possible to merge the contour map and shapefiles into panel plots.

Thanks for all the help.