Re: systemfunc: cannot create child process:[errno=12]

From: gibies george <gibiesgeorge_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jun 14 2011 - 01:39:31 MDT

Mary,

Thank you very much, for your reply.

Actually my script is

* print("Enter the region for "+ component(i) +" averaging :")
 averegion = systemfunc("read var; echo $var")*

But, on that particular run, just before that part of the script, my PC got
hanged due to Memory (RAM) overload. and I was waiting for the message.

At-last both the message and error message came together.

*Enter the region for rain averaging :
fatal:systemfunc: cannot create child process:[errno=12]
fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 2662 in file
/home/gibies/ncl/mylib/lib_
gibies_analysis_module.ncl

fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 22 in file
/home/gibies/ncl/myscripts/skillanal.ncl
*
Now it is working properly with reduced load on RAM.

*
Gibies George, CSIR-RF,
**Climate and Global Modelling Division,
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology,
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road,
NCL (P. O.), Pashan,
Pune 411008, India.
Office mail : gibies@tropmet.res.in
Mobile: 9881707796 (at Pune)*

*http://sites.google.com/site/gibiesge/*

Please Think about the environment. Save paper; Save Trees; and don't print
this e-mail unless it is necessary.