Re: cross hatching overlay labelbar

From: mark collier <Mark.Collier_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jul 13 2011 - 20:54:36 MDT

Hi Mary,

1) I can turn off the cross-hatching label bars but I would like to
keep one so that their range scan be easily seen.

For now having say the one in the middle panel remain would be good.
Later it might be more aesthetically pleasing to have it under the
colour bar, and also to save space around the figures.

In addition, when I limit the range of the cross-hatching I would like
the lower values (for eg) to not be cross hatched. For example, in the
current plot if I change

   conres@cnLevels = (/.12,.15/);ANN tas
   conres@cnLevels = (/.15/);ANN tas

2) I would like to see no cross-hatching for values less than 0.15 and
therefore highlight only the larger numbers (>0.12). Can this be done?
Another way might be to have a no-lines (blank) cross-hatching for the
lowest levels. Can the cross-hatching style be overwritten this way?
So for the current plot the lowest cross-hatch style for the lowest
box (values <.12) would be white (or transparent so that the colours
can still be seen in the overlay).

3) probably the cross-hatching is a bit strong. I've tried playing
with the colours of the lines used in the cross-hatching without this
taking effect. Can the lines be turned to something fainter? For
example, grey rather than black.

I've uploaded a simplified plot script and data to the "incoming" area
of your ftp site, files_collier.tar

Many thanks,
Mark.