Re: regCoef using the modes of some variables

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jul 13 2011 - 14:29:50 MDT

Hi Maria,
I have little experience w/SVD analysis, but for EOF's I frequently do
something like this:
; arr_UW = anomalous array dimensioned lat x lon x time
; arr = arr_UW but sqrt cosine weighted

neof = 3
evecv = eofunc(arr,neof,False)
pcts = eofunc_ts(arr,evecv,False)
pctsS = dim_standardize(pcts,0)
finarr = arr(:neof-1,:,:) ; preallocate array w/metadata
do gg = 0,neof-1
    finarr(gg,:,:) = (/ regCoef(pctsS(gg,:),arr_UW) /)
end do

For SVD's I would think it would be similar, but instead of regressing
the PCs on the original anomalous field regress the left (right)
singular vector(s) against the original anomalous array similar to what
I did above.

I'm not sure if that is what you are after... Perhaps others more
experienced in SVD analysis can chime in here..
Adam