Re: XYPlots

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jul 25 2011 - 11:31:00 MDT

Hi Jonathan,
There's multiple ways to add texts to the plots... I guess it depends on
where exactly you want the text to show up. If you want the text to be
sub-titles right above the plot on the left and right:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/title.shtml#ex3

If you want the text to be drawn within the plot, then gsn_add_text is
the way to go:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/text.shtml#ex8

Note that in that example the output from gsn_add_text is passed to a
graphic arrray call text.. Make sure you do not overwrite or delete the
text array before gsn_panel is called or the plots are drawn and the
frame is advanced. Thus the order of things should be like this:

1) Create each of your panels, but don't draw or advance the frame.
2) Add text to each plot using gsn_add_text
3) Call gsn_panel

Hope all of that helps!
Adam