Re: rcm2points

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Aug 05 2011 - 13:54:54 MDT

The inverse distance squared is very sensitive to distance :-)
I some cases, it would 'almost' a nearest neighbor method.

If the variable being interpolated is smoothly varying [eg: temperature]
it is likely that you will see little difference between the two methods.

A 'random' variable like precipitation where you might have 0,0,0,100 or
100,0,0,0 could surround a target point could give very different
results depending upon distance.