rcm2points

From: Yang Yang <yang123yang_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Aug 04 2011 - 21:17:26 MDT

Hi:

I have a simulated daily rainfall accumulation by a regional model. I want to interpolate the rainfall on 15 points. I used two methods:

1. Using rcm2points by setting opt=1
2. Using 4 grid point values around each station and the inverse distances to the point as weights to do the interpolation.

The results showed pronounced difference between them. I attached the diagrams for each method in which the color shading for the 2D rainfall was plotted. Regarding the consistency between the station values and the color shading, method 2 seems better than rcm2points. For rcm2points method, large inconsistency can be found in the region with the maximum.

My question is how many grid points are used in rcm2points for the interpolation of each point? Any limitation for using rcm2points? Any information is much appreciated.
Thanks!

Ed