Re: shapefile over contour

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Sep 15 2011 - 17:40:35 MDT

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for providing the files.

There are a number of issues with the script. The main one is that the lat/lon range of your data is greater than the lat/lon of your map, so you have to choose which range you want to use.

The other is that you were creating the map with the shapefile data, but then you regenerated the map via gsn_csm_contour_map.

Instead, you should generate the map with the shapefile data, use gsn_csm_contour to create the contours, and then "overlay" to overlay the contours on the map.

See attached.

--Mary