Re: how to extract a point value from nc file?

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Oct 12 2011 - 13:40:08 MDT

It depends on your file and the data on it.

For rectilinear grids. if variable FO is 2D, 3D, 4D

    LAT = 30.0
    LON = 120.0

    f = addfile("...","r")
    x = f->FOO({LAT},{LON})
or
    x = f->FOO(:,{LAT},{LON})
or
    x = f->FOO(:,:,{LAT},{LON})

print(x

For curvilinear ... it depends on your grid structure.

=======

PLEASE read about "coordinate variables"

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/

See the mini-Language manual or the reference manual