Fwd: Re: gpcp daily data

From: Sara A. Rauscher <rauscher_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Oct 17 2011 - 15:03:18 MDT

Hi Kathy,
You can find the GPCP data set in netcdf format at the IRI data library:
<http://iridl.ldeo.columbia.edu/SOURCES/.NASA/.GPCP/.V1DD/.prcp/>
 From this page, if you select "data files" in the top right corner, you
can download the data in a number of formats.
There's other daily precip data there as well:
<http://iridl.ldeo.columbia.edu/docfind/databrief/cat-atmos.html>
good luck
sara

On 10/14/11 9:29 AM, Straub, Katherine wrote:

> I am looking for GPCP daily data in netCDF format. Based on my
> mailing list archive investigation, there used to be a file under
> ftp.cgd.ucar.edu <ftp://ftp.cgd.ucar.edu>, ftp/pub/shea/GPCP, but that
> no longer exists, and the ftp/pub/shea/PRECIP/V22_GPCP.1979-2010.nc is
> a monthly file. Does anyone have daily data?
>
> Kathy

Sara A. Rauscher
(505) 606-0512
T-3 Fluid Dynamics