Re: Strange name in the filename ".png"

From: Gerald Creager <gerry.creager_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Nov 17 2011 - 16:06:08 MST

Guilherme

Another alternative is to write it to sequential PNG, then use the
imagemagick utility 'convert' to create a GIF notebook, or even an
animated gif. Otherwise, I prefer Rick's suggestion of postscript of PDF.

gerry

On 11/17/2011 03:37 PM, Rick Brownrigg wrote:
> Hi Guilherme,
>
> PNG unfortunately does not support multiple images in a single file.
> With NCL 6.0, the plotfile is named as you expect if there's only a
> single image that is drawn; when multiple images are drawn, each is
> written to a different file, named with the sequence numbering you've
> noted. (With NCL 5.2, the sequence numbering was always added,
> regardless of the number of output images).
>
> If you need all images within one file, perhaps postscript or pdf will
> work for you?
>
> Hope that helps...
> Rick
>
> On Nov 17, 2011, at 12:15 PM, Guilherme Martins wrote:
>
>> Hi users,
>>
>> How do I do to get the correct filename? For example, I did a script
>> (in attach, teste1.ncl) to create 12 files (.png) in each time. But,
>> when I save It with png extension appear something wrong in the filename.
>>
>> like this --> rol-Abril.000001.png
>> rol-Abril.000002.png
>>
>> This "000001" and "000002" don't must appear. Only, "rol-Abril.png".
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>>
>> Guilherme.
>>
>> --
>> Guilherme Martins
>> Homepage: http://guilhermemartins.hd1.com.br/
>>

>> <rol-Abril.000001.png><rol-Abril.000002.png><teste1.ncl>_______________________________________________

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager@tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.862.3983
Office: 7607 Eastmark Drive, Suite 112, College Station, TX 77840