Re: Strange name in the filename ".png"

From: Rick Brownrigg <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Nov 17 2011 - 14:37:32 MST

Hi Guilherme,

PNG unfortunately does not support multiple images in a single file. With NCL 6.0, the plotfile is named as you expect if there's only a single image that is drawn; when multiple images are drawn, each is written to a different file, named with the sequence numbering you've noted. (With NCL 5.2, the sequence numbering was always added, regardless of the number of output images).

If you need all images within one file, perhaps postscript or pdf will work for you?

Hope that helps...
Rick