Re: tr: Re: longitudes array

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jan 19 2012 - 15:19:47 MST

If you are not familiar with NCL, please read the mini-Language
Manual at: http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals

---
Always look at your data. The 't2m' variable is type "short".
It must be unpacked prior to use.
        short t2m(time, latitude, longitude) ;
                 t2m:scale_factor = 0.00182017431309799 ;
                 t2m:add_offset = 261.081126603031 ;
                 t2m:_FillValue = -32767s ;
                 t2m:missing_value = -32767s ;
                 t2m:units = "K" ;
                 t2m:long_name = "2 metre temperature" ;
The attached reads and unpacks the variable; flips the variable;
computes an annual mean. You should be able to do anything
else yourself. Please upgrade from v4.3
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/short2flt.shtml
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/lonFlip.shtml
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/dim_avg_Wrap.shtml
v5.1.1 onward
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/dim_avg_n_Wrap.shtml
On 01/19/2012 05:54 AM, elodyfluck@orange.fr wrote:

>      > Message du 19/01/12 13:54
>      > De : elodyfluck@orange.fr
>      > A : "MaryHaley"
>      > Copie à :
>      > Objet : Re: [ncl-talk] longitudes array
>      >
>      > Thank you for your answer!
>
>     In fact, I'm trying to have an average of temperature at 2 meters
>     (t2m) over West Africa during the period 1996-1997 using Reanalyses
>     ERA INTERIM data. These data are monthly time scaled and parameters
>     are given for the entire world, not for a specific array. My goal is
>     to "zoom" on my studied area. I know that there a functions to do
>     that; but NCL version is here 4.3.0; so I think that I'm limited
>     about the functions to use.
>     I used "fspan" to specify my array, but I think that there are some
>     other ways to select this area.
>     And the final goal is to have a plot from these temperatures
>     overlayed with West Africa map..
>
>     I sent my NetCDF files on the ftp adress; in "incoming".
>     An image in .jpeg is join. This is the area that I would like to
>     plot. Here, "avg_sahel_t" is dimensioned (21,240,2,12) to see the plot.
>
>     Thanks in advance for your ideas!
[snip]