Re: shapefile pictures in panel mode?

From: Rick Brownrigg <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Feb 02 2012 - 10:56:25 MST

Hi Kristina,

When you create any paneled plot, you save the maps/plots for each panel into elements of an array of type "graphic" (as illustrated in http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/panel_1.ncl). Likewise, you can redraw your shapefile for each panel, writing it to the corresponding "plot(i)" element.

I've taken shapefiles_1.ncl and hurriedly modified it to plot a 1x2 panel plot (the second one with the color palette reversed arbitrarily). Note I had to make the variable "plot" an array:

        plot = new(2,graphic)

and I needed to allocate a second array to hold the polygons created by gsn_add_polygon() for the second panel (lines2).

Hope that helps…
Rick